Walmart is Gendering Items and I am Upset

I was at the world of Walmart™, and let me just say, how dare they.

I was just simply walking through the body wash isle, minding my own business and out of nowhere, in the men's section were these loufas. Now what I know what you're thinking: "Okay, so what men can have loufas too you ignorant asshole." No. These, were labeled Men's Loufas. They looked completely normal, save for a few part that were black. How dare they put a gendered label onto something you fucking scrub your body with so you get rid of all that nasty ass dead skin you have.

I was in the clearance isle cause ya know, gotta get my sale on. I walk past these toys, and out of the corner of my eye, I see them. These two toys, right next to each other. They're karaoke microphones, the ones where you hook your phone into holder and it plays the music and the lyrics show up. One was Rose Gold, the other plain black. But there was a girl on the Rose Gold one and a boy on the Black one. What if I was a cis guy and wanted the rose gold one? It's cooler looking then the black one, and the black one just looked like you could get it at the 99 cent store. The rose gold one looked much cooler.

I refuse to conform to the fact that Walmart is gendering items unnecessarily. I am upset.

But anyways,
Have fun, stay quirky.

-Bea

Song of the Day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9Ls7xH8du4

Comments

  1. I feel your pain, none of it makes sense, I especially hate it when everyone has mixed feeling's about kids using things from either side, the kid says it's just stuff with a label on it while everyone else wants this kid to stay in a lane. It's all just stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts